- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to Kwantastic and the other end to your router.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to Kwantastic and the other end to your TV.
- Connect one end of the micro USB power cable to Kwantastic and the other end to the USB power adapter.
- Set your TV input to the HMDI port where Kwantastic is plugged into.
- Plug the USB power adapter into the wall socket. There are two LEDs on the opposite side of the ethernet port. The red LED (power) should stay lit at all time. See this article if the red LED blinks or not lit. The green LED (activity) should blink while is system is booting up.
You should see the following screen on your TV. This is the home screen.
Continue reading “Connecting cables and quick start”
If your TV supports CEC then you should be able to use the remote control that came with your TV to control Kwantastic.
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) allows for control of devices over the HDMI port.
All modern televisions support HDMI-CEC, which is a technology that allows devices to talk with each other over the HDMI cable. As buttons are pressed the remote command is sent via the HDMI cable to your Kwantastic device.
Some TV manufactures do not turn on CEC by default. See this article on how to turn on CEC on your TV.
- Install the Official Kodi Remote app from the App Store.
- Open the Remote app and you will be presented with a message saying “No saved hosts found”.
- Tap on the “Add Host” on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- At the “New Kodi Server” screen, tap on “Find Kodi”. Once found, the screen is populated with information about Kwantastic: Description, Ports, MAC Address, etc. Tap on “Save”.
- You are now back to the previous screen displaying the Kwantastic host that you have just added. Tap on the Kwantastic host.
- Tap on REMOTE CONTROL at the bottom of the list. You can now use the arrow buttons to navigate and control the Kwantastic device.
Continue reading “Controlling Kwantastic with an iPhone app”
- From the home menu, navigate to VIDEOS -> Add-ons. This will open a window with a list of video add-ons.
- Select an add-on such as Hallmark. This will open a window with a list of video categories available in this add-on.
- Select Movies, for example, to open a window with a list of movies.
- Select a movie to start watching.
Continue reading “Streaming video”
Kwantastic consumes very little power and can be left on even when it is not in-use. If you want to turn off the system, avoid unplugging the power adapter without first powering off the system. Follow the following steps to turn off the system:
- Click on the power icon at the lower-left corner of the Home screen.
- Click on the “Power off system” from the menu.
- Wait until the green LED (activity) stops blinking and the TV screen goes blank.
It is now safe to unplug the power adapter from the wall socket.
The current time is displayed at the upper-right corner of the home screen. Following these instructions to set the timezone:
- From the home screen, select SYSTEM -> Settings.
- Select Appearance
- Select International and enter Timezone country and Timezone
Continue reading “Setting timezone”
The weather is displayed at the upper-left corner of the home screen. Follow these steps to set the location for your city:
- From the home screen, select WEATHER to show the daily forecast.
- Navigate to the left to bring up the side window.
- Select the up or down icon to cycle through the pre-defined cities.
- If your city is not on the list, select Settings from the side window.
- Select General -> Settings to open up the Location setup window.
- Select any city on the list and replace it with your city.
Continue reading “Setting weather location”
A rainbow colored square at the upper-right corner of the screen indicates an under-voltage condition. It’s likely a problem with the power supply and/or the micro USB power cable. Make sure you use a good quality cable and a power supply with proper voltage and amperage output.
There is also a red power LED on the Kwantastic device showing the power level. Under normal condition, the LED is on solid red. If the red LED is off or blinking, you have the a under-voltage condition.